Updating drivers manually for LabelWriter ® on Windows
If the LabelWriter appears under unspecified on Windows in Devices and Printers, usually the computer has not identified that device as a printer yet.
- Go to Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Device Manager.
- Select View>Show Hidden Devices
- The LabelWriter should be listed under Other Devices, Printers or Software category.
- Right-click on LabelWriter and select Update Driver Software….
- In the next window, pick Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click the Browse… button and point to one of the folder locations depending on the DYMO software you are using:
A. DYMO Connect:
For 64-bit systems: C:\Program Files (x86)\DYMO\DYMO Connect\Drivers For 32-bit systems: C:\Program Files\DYMO\DYMO Connect\Drivers
B. DYMO Label v.8:
For 64-bit systems: C:\Program Files (x86)\DYMO\DYMO Label Software\Drivers For 32-bit systems: C:\Program Files\DYMO\DYMO Label Software\Drivers
- Click ‘Next’ and you should receive a notification that Windows has successfully performed the task. If you are receiving any error messages at this point, please contact us.
- On some versions of Windows the printer will still show the DYMO under Unspecified even though in Device Manager it appears under Printers. However, you should still be able to print. It’s a Windows glitch, and restarting Windows often resolves that.